Monday, April 28, 2008

Memory Monday and Dancing With The Stars





I did this because of my love for dancing. Dancing was something that I was so involved with in my teen years and early 20's. When I was a sophmore in high-school, Friday gym class was dancing. The boys class and the girls class would get together for that day. We would have 30 mins of ballroom dancing and 30 of free dancing. James Bruce and I always danced together. We were a couple for a while but not through the whole school year. Even when we were no longer together we still danced together. He had a hard time with the other girls being able to follow him but I could, so we continued to dance with each other. Made my heart happy. He was one good dancer and nice and tall too. When I was 20 years old I lived in Columbus Georgia. Georgia being a dry state I would always go into Alabama on the weekends. Alabama was about three blocks away from where I lived. Just had to cross the bridge and voila, there you are. They had a dance club called, "Chads" and it was wonderful. Many happy dancing feet hours were spent there. Loved it. I still love dancing but my feet aren't happy with it anymore, my heart misses it dreadfully. When I get to heaven I am going to dance my heart out. I will be the one shaking her boodie, you won't be able to miss me.


Now, Dancing with the stars is wonderful and I am just amazed that it took me so long to get hooked on it. I am now though. I do have favorite pro's and I will put them here for all to see. My choices for this year are Christie and Mark or Edyta and Jason.
My favorites are Edyta and Cheryl and Max and Jonathan. Max is such a hunk. WooHoo. I can't not stand Karina, I think she is too full of herself and her poweress with the male stars. Hope I spelled that right. Tony is my least favorite for the male pro's.

4 comments:

Luana said...

I did not know about your dancing history, you hussy you! Going to the clubs!!!!! For shame. I share that love of dancing with you. And I am not afraid to get on the floor without Evan and dance with my girlfriends or couple friends. Many a church dance I had to do that because Evan was too embarrassed by my wild wiggling. Didn't stop me from having fun.
I don't know what you are thinking when you say Tony is your least favorite of the guys. I love to watch him dance. He is excellente, and cute too! I really can't pick a favorite because all the men dancers are totally amazing. Same with the girls, but I would have to say Karina and Kim are my least favorite. I do however recognize their outstanding talent. They just aren't as fun to watch. And I agree that Karina is annoying. Now then, I am having a hard time picking a favorite to win. I wish Julianne had been given a better partner because I loved her choreography. I do like Kristie better than Jason. She really is much better than him so I guess I hope she wins. Isn't it fun to watch the young competitors this year? They are so cute and so good.

Kris Jones said...

I agree with you Lou, they are all good but some just stand out more and Max and Jonathan are my very favorites. They are all very good dancers, no contest there. It is fun and so were the last two. Max was with two favorites for me. Laila and Mel. Wanted them to win so bad.

smellnat45 said...

I'm so glad you posted my boyfriend Max. He is such a hottie. I miss that man. He misses me to. Well my fav this year is Edyta and Jason..

Luana said...

Okay, I just rewatched last nights Dancing With The Stars, and I have decided that Mark Ballas is my favorite male dancer. I loved the Cha Cha Cha he and Kristi did. I think Christian is going to be eliminated tonight. Too bad we won't get to look at his beautiful face anymore.