Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring Part Two

Well it took until yesterday to actually get most everything finished up. Once I got the rose bush in back pruned as much as I could Dan Hegstead came over and cut it almost to the ground. The leaves around that bush totaled five bags full. That area was also teeming with creepy, horrible centipedes. All over everywhere. I just kept praying they wouldn't crawl on me. I also cleaned out the area on the left side and right side of the back porch. To say the least my body has been worked to the max. Who would have thought that someone with COPD could accomplish all that I did. I am amazed at me. Yes I am!! Sandy totally cleaned out the area around the lilac tree and down that side of the fence. It took her quite a while to do that. It was such a mess and she cleaned up all the poo poos from Zoey too. To say the least the back yard is looking good. Not totally done yet but very close. Dan is going to come over next week and really trim the lilac tree. So much of it is dead.

Today I went to watch Lexie do her solo for dance competion. She won't win because they put her in with dancers who have been dancing over two years but she was still very good. I'm so proud of her for doing that. She was so cute. I will put a picture up later.

2 comments:

LexiesMomma said...

So she won 2nd place in her solo against the one girl who was at least intermediate level. The judges said she needed to do harder moves etc. Pissed me off as well as her teacher and she is going to email them and let them know what she thinks. I hope she follows through. That little girl had more than two years of dance. And my poor daughter was put up against her with about 6 months of dance. RUDE!!!

Luana said...

Pretty sad that you have to clean up dog poop and you don't even own a dog! Hint, hint, Jeffy and Debbie! Tell Nat to post a video of Lexieannie Little Fannie on her blog. You should have done some before and after pictures of the yard, cause I can't appreciate what you did not knowing exactly what it looked like before. Do you catch my drift?