Sunday, February 8, 2009

SUSAN

Today we mourn the loss of our wife, mother, daughter, sister, grandma, and aunt. Two years ago today SueSanne left our lifes to begin her new journey. Although we rejoice with her in this new life we mourn the loss of her in this one. She was so very special to each one of us. We all have our own special memories of her and the things we did together. One of mine is the camping trip we took to Bear Lake. It was August of 1984 and it was just the four of us. Sue and Johnny and Floyd and I. We were there for four days and had a wonderful time. That camping trip was the best I ever had. Sue and I played pioneer women and had so much fun doing it. We washed our towels and rags in cold water and soap and hung them on heavy string that we had strung up from two tree's. Washed our hair in cold water from a water fountain that was there and froze our scalps. Talk about fun, we most certainly had that. We spent hours in the lake and both of us paid a price for that. Sue got so badly burned on her back that she had to go in for it and I suffered heat exhaustion. I wouldn't change it though. The fun we had goes beyond any discomfort we suffered.

Susan, I miss you so much and as much as I would love to have you back here I would never do that if I could. I know that you are much happier, cancer free, pain free, and so many other wonderful things that only we will know when we join you. Know that you are not forgotten and your memories will live on in each of us as long as we live. I love you Sue!!












3 comments:

Sandra D said...

I have those pictures. I also wrote nothing on my blog about Susannah Peas in a Pea Pod.....

Luana said...

Holy Crap, you finally put a new post on your blog. I thought for sure I would see one on Suey's birthday, and when I didn't I thought to myself, "What the hell?" But now here it is in remembrance of her death. I haven't seen that last picture of her before. She looks really cute in it. She must have been thinking about me at the time it was taken!! :-)
P.S. Aren't you glad you only had to pretend at being a pioneer? I am soooo glad I was born in this time period rather than that one.

Rachel said...

She looks adorable in the last picture, and not so adorable in the second picture. LOL