Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Amy Elizabeth Wahl Hulse


















I'm a little late with this. It was her birthday last month but I decided to go ahead and do this late rather then never.





On September 11, 1977 a little girl was born into this world at 1:20 am. Her birth was a hard one and it took its toll on both mom and baby, especially baby. Since you all know the details I will not go into that again. Needless to say if it hadn't been for daddy and Evan we may not have an Amy for me to talk about. I do believe that God answers all prayers and it doesn't matter who is doing the praying. He had plans for Amy and so we still have her around, Thank you God!!





Most of her young years were spent sleeping. Her body had taken a huge amount of stress and sleep was what was most needed in her crucial years. During her first year she was awake only for about six hours each day if that much and her second year she still slept more then she was awake. After that she would take very long naps and even when in Kindergarten she had to come home and take a nap. This continued for a long time.





As a young toddler Amy loved to dress up. She would put a skirt on her head to indicate long hair and she would wear a poncho as a skirt and my clogs would be on her feet. She loved to entertain us, all dressed up and with her long hair. She was such a ham. I had several pictures of her like that but I have pretty much given them all to her or I could put one here. If I find one in the next few days I will do just that.





Of all my children she is the only one who took to school right off the reel. She loved it and couldn't wait to go. During Christmas vacation she was so antsy to get back to school so she could see her beautiful teachers.





Amy was born with a herniated belly button and when she was four she had to have surgery to repair it. It was huge and the her siblings and cousins were always trying to play with it. It was uncomfortable for Amy so we had it done sooner then we thought we would have to. She hurt for a few days but being young helps to speed healing right along. When she was in 4th grade she had an appendicitis attack and had to have emergency surgery to remove her appendix. It was a good thing they did because her appendix burst as they got in there to take it or it was just about to, this mother can't remember for sure anymore.





Amy started dance when she was 10 years old and she continued with it till her senior year and we found out she had some back problems. It curtailed that along with drill team. In dance she took ballet and modern jazz. She was also on the Junior Dance Team and later the Senior Dance Team. She was good! She was on the Drill Team at Irving Junior High and was on Drill Team at Poky High all three years.





When Amy graduated she started working at Pretzel Time and that is where Kevin met her and asked her out. They dated, fell in love, moved to Utah and married. Now Amy is the mother of two of my precious grandchildren. Melissa couldn't believe that little Amy was going to be a mother, her response was," She can't have a baby, cause she is still a baby. Amy can't be grown up"!





Amy has had to deal with some issues in her life but she has handled them well and proved herself to be a wonderful woman who takes the knocks and gets on with her life. I am very proud of her and all that she has accomplished. I love her and find her to be a very precious gift from God!





2 comments:

Luana said...

I didn't know Amy slept so much her first 2 years. I don't remember that. That was very sweet. Amy Libess is a wonderful young woman and a very good mommy. I am so glad Rachel had her to grow up with for awhile. And Smelly was partially right...it did seem like it took Amy awhile to blossom into real womanhood. She was such an innocent...and that as Martha would say, "Is a good thing."
By the way Krissy you need to change some colors on this blog. The print is hard to read. This one on Amos made my eyes hurt.

Sandra D said...

Big Mooby Luana. Amos is famous, and she didn't just love to entertain for us. She demanded it. But, yup Amos was a "slow bloomer" thankfully. It is nice to see that. I LOVE her babies. Kyle is my baby too. And Cortnie is my very best Cortnie. She told me not too long ago that she loved me and that I am her very best Sandy. Ha!!!!! Kris's grandkids all belong to me. Lexie even calls me Gramma Sandy sometimes. She's my very best Lexie Loo Loo too.