Monday, June 2, 2008

Memory Monday




I remember the fall days when the smells permeated the air. It was such a heavenly scent; burning leaves, fallen apples, and gardens overripe produce. Now that we are no longer allowed to burn in the city the fall odors are gone by the wayside. Such a terrible thing to have happen. You always knew when fall was in the air. I miss those smells. Technology has taken so much from us and it will continue to do so. I do realize that we have come this far because of technology but sometimes folks it really stinks. I'm sure that the people who live in the country areas still burn and manys the times I wish I lived there too.

4 comments:

Luana said...

That looks like a New England autumn picture. It is so pretty in those states. I remember daddy burning leaves, but I don't remember the smell. There are still wonderful smells of autumn, especially the cooking smells....YUMMMMMMY

Mary said...

Even the autumn sunshine has a special smell! And the combined odor of jack-o-lanterns and lighted candles is magic!

Sandra D said...

walking on crunchy leaves is nice too....Fall back in the East is prettier. The colors are much more vibrant....

Rachel said...

I can't wait for fall! It is so beautiful. I only burn my pumpkin spice candles during the fall because that smell just seems to fit the season.